365 days a year 8.00am-8.00pm
Access pre-bookable appointments at one of our GP Hubs in Central Croydon, Purley, or Parkway by completing the online request form below, and a member of our team will aim to respond to you within a few hours of your request. Please note that this will not guarantee your appointment time or location, but will enable us to match you as closely as possible to your preferences.
Please note: in order to use this service, you must be a Croydon resident or registered with a GP practice in Croydon, and must consent to the GP Hubs viewing your medical record
About Croydon GP Hubs
People who live or work in Croydon now have access to a wide range of urgent care services including pre-booked appointments at one of our GP Hubs in Central Croydon, Purley, or Parkway from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week, if you require medical assistance that cannot wait for you to see your own GP. Our GP Hubs are staffed by experienced urgent care GPs and Nurses and offer assessment and treatment for adults and children with minor injuries and illnesses.
Some of the care we deliver
Our GP Hubs are staffed by experienced urgent care GPs and nurses and offer assessment and treatment for adults and children with minor injuries and illnesses such as:
- * Urinary tract infections, earache and sore throats, headaches and rashes
- * Bruises
- * Stomach pain and nausea
- * Strains and sprains
- * Superficial burns and scalds
- * Care of minor accidental wounds including those that require closure
- * Bites and stings
- * Minor head injuries
- * Minor limb injuries
- * Minor skin and tissue infections
- * Removal of foreign bodies from eyes, ears and noses
- * Emergency contraception
Injured or unwell? Choose the right service
Don’t just go to A&E
Don’t just go to A&E if it’s not a serious emergency – find the right service – it may be quicker, and even closer to your home. Using the right service means you don’t spend hours waiting in A&E and treatment can be given quicker to those really in need of urgent care.
Cough or cold
Make sure your medicine cupboard is stocked up. To find the right treatment, use the NHS website: www.nhs.uk
Croydon Pharmacies can give you advice on common illnesses and medicines to treat them. Find your nearest Pharmacy.
If you have any illness or injury that won't go away, make an appointment to speak to your GP. Find your nearest GP.
Call 111 for Out Of Hours GP Services.
Unsure / Unwell
Confused / Need to know
When you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency, NHS 111 is able to assess your need and book an appointment with the right service for you.
If you can't get an appointment with your GP call NHS 111 for an assessment or to book an appointment, if necessary, with a GP hub 8am to 8pm every day , all year round.
A&E or 999
Blackout / Blood loss
In serious or life-threatening situations, emergencies, and for broken bones, go to the Urgent Care Centre, Accident & Emergency or dial 999
When it’s not urgent, there are several ways that you can Self Care.
Coughs and colds | Grazes | Hangover. You can treat these at home – in fact, that’s the best place for you. Self-care is the best choice to treat very minor illnesses and injuries. A range of common illnesses and injuries can be treated at home simply by combining a well-stocked medicine cabinet with plenty of rest. THINK FIRST, DON’T GO TO A&E. Click on the titles below to reveal various ways that you can self-care.
Make sure that your medicine cabinet is well stocked with:
- A thermometer
- Aspirin (not for under 16yrs)
- Rehydration mixture
- Anti-diarrhoea medicine
- Indigestion remedy
Drug and Alcohol Services
Lifestyle & Healthy Food Projects
- Healthy Living Hub
- Good Food Matters
- Food Flagship Project
- JustBe Croydon
- Diabetes Prevention Programme (Healthier You)
- What to do in a crisis
- Big White Wall
- IAPT: Psychological therapies for adults 18 years +
- Croydon Drop in Service 11-25yrs
- Off the Record
Minor Ailment Scheme
- Pregnancy Care Self Referral to Croydon University Hospital
- Pregnancy Care Self Referral to St. Georges Hospital
- Early Pregnancy Walk in Service
- Talking Therapy Service – Emotional Support during and after Pregnancy
- Miscarriage Support and Information
- Abortion/Termination of Pregnancy Self Referral
Sexual Health & Contraception
- Woodside Bereavement Service, Waterside Building, 26 Avenue Road, London, SE25 4DX. Telephone: 020 3256 2009. Email:email@example.com
Bowel Cancer Screening
Cervical Cancer Screening
- When should I worry about my child?
- Fever in Children
- Excema in Children
- HomeStart Croydon – Service Information
- HomeStart Croydon – Parent Champion leaflet
- Early help for families in Croydon
Coughs in Adults
Dental Help / Oral Health
- Patient Info Pack
- Diabetes Eat Well Guide
- Diabetes Advice for Ramadan
- Diabetes Management Guide for Ramadan
Long Term Illnesses
- Improving the Live of People with Long Term Conditions
- Care Planning
- Sing For Joy Choir – For people with Parkinson’s and other long-term conditions.
Physiotherapy & Exercise
- Ankle Sprain
- Back Pain – Acute (less than 6 Weeks)
- Back Pain – Non Acute (more than 6 Weeks)
- Hand Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Whiplash Advice
Useful Health Apps for Patients
- Apps to Self Help for Anxiety Management
- Apps to help people with Stable Angina make a decision as to the best treatment choice for them.
- Apps to help in Diabetes to track levels such as blood glucose, carbohydrates and calories.
- Apps to help how to care for someone after they have suffered a stroke or transient ischaemic attack (TIA).
- Apps to help Breast check
- Apps to get an assessment, info on your condition and advice on looking after yourself.
- Apps for help to quit smoking
- Apps for BMI Healthy Weight calculator
- Apps for BMI Healthy Weight calculator
- App to assess whether you may be depressed and make a tentative diagnosis of the severity of the depression.
Wart and Verruca Treatments
Get in touch
Our GP Hubs are based at three locations – Central Croydon, Purley and Parkway (New Addington). Find travel information and contact details for your closest GP Hub below.
GP HUB PURLEY 12 minutes drive from nearest A&E department (Croydon University Hospital). Car: Free & Paid Parking Available within 2 minutes walk Train: 6 minutes walk from Purley Train Station Bus: Routes 60, 166, 289, 405, 407, 412, 455 & 466 Address: Purley War Memorial Hospital, 856 Brighton Road, CR8 2YL
GP HUB PARKWAY 16 minutes drive from nearest A&E department (Princess Royal University Hospital) Car: Free Parking Available outside Tram: 1 minute walk from New Addington Tramlink Bus: Routes 64, 130, 314, 464, 664 Address: Parkway Health Centre, Parkway, New Addington, CR0 0JA
Leave us a review
Leaving us a review helps us to know how we are doing, and where we can improve. Please do leave a review for the GP Hub that you recently visited. If you have any concerns you wish to share, please speak to one of our members of staff, thank-you.
Central Croydon GP Hub achieved a “Good” Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating during its latest CQC inspection.
CQC Patient Feedback
To help the Care Quality Commission (CQC) place patient voices into the centre of their inspections they have created the link below for you to submit your feedback.